||Production Manager, Lead Carpenter
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To perform carpentry and construction tasks in the field.
- Represent our Company on a daily basis.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High school diploma and/or GED
As part of a team, assist with Production related tasks, to include:
- Understanding and performing residential building trades to facilitate completion of a project.
- Carpenters can be responsible for up to one job site.
- Assist with process evaluation, development, process documentation, training, and/or other general projects as directed.
- Ensure Company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Maintain Company tools and equipment in safe working order.
- On a daily basis, inform the Production Manager of the progress of the project, including any customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
- Maintain clients’ homes and ensure cleanliness always!
- Advise subcontractors of proposed schedule. Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule.
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the Company’s time, manpower and materials on each project as included in project estimate sheets.
- Responsible for tracking the progress and profitability of the projects under his or her supervision and reporting to the Production Manager and/or Lead Carpenter.
- Ensure the image of the Company is supported by the appearance and activities of the installation teams and job sites.
- Maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities assigned by the Production Manager.
- Receive progress payments and final payment from the client upon completion of the project or as directed by the Production Manager.
- Seek additional responsibility and guidance from Company management employees as needed to enhance existing skills, learn new skills, and create potential for advancement within the Company.
- Be proactive about client and internal communication.
- Responsible for subcontractor quality control.
- Use T-Sheets to maintain an accurate log of time by job.
- Job-site safety and security, as well as protection of the clients’ possessions, children and pets, particularly from dust!